Dining Out- Weekend of February 12th, 2005

Mickies Dairy Bar
Madison
French Toast
Made with un-iced cinnamon rolls, I thought this would satisfy my fixation of unique French toast. Alas, no cinnamon taste, only egg.
Decor: A 50 year old institution.
1 out of 5 stars
Lane's Bakery
Madison
Got my fix of cinnamon with a Persian. Along with a fix of icing and nuts.
Delicious Donuts & Deli
Madison
Yes, the Custard Filled Donut was delicious. And the nice lady gave it to me gratis since it was my first visit there.
Watertown Kitchen
Watertown
Roast Beef Sandwich
I expected layers of sliced beef but was pleased to get a bun full of chunks. There were no pretensions about this sandwich- it was all about the well prepared, mildly-seasoned while baking beef. The super nice guy showed me the kitchen and how they carefully prepare these slabs of beef.
Decor: Clearly a long time neighborhood fixture.
3 1/2 out of 5 stars
Latte Donatte Donut & Espresso Bar
Watertown
Excellence was found in my favorite form of bakery. Layers of flavors in the Healthy Morning Muffin including carrot, raisin, nuts and zucchini.
Todd's Grill
Oconomowoc
Clamsters
Chopped clams, mozzarella, parmesan, cheddar and jalapenos breaded and fried.
We quickly realized these were jalapeno poppers. No trace of clams.
French Onion Soup
How's this lackluster preperation with this small, thin, barely melted piece of cheese?
Pork Schnitzel
Breaded pork medallions pan fried in lemon butter sauce. Served with vegetables and rice.
My first impression on this portion was, "I'm paying twelve bucks for this?". Then I found the pork was tough, fatty and the breading was mostly absent. Moving to the rice I hoisted a forkful to find it lifting a chunk of the serving since it was burned together
Decor: See picture.
Service: Quick and infrequent appearances.
1 out of 5 stars.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home