Sunday, May 22, 2005

Dining Out- Weekend of May 21st, 2005


El Greco
Milwaukee- 91st & Appleton


Fluffy Chullah French Toast

Fine, but they just can’t compete with Shorewood’s Jean Pierre’s chullah served with fruit compote.


Décor: Standard edition Greek family restaurant.
Service: Nothing out of the ordinary.

3 out of 5 stars


Yellow cake, frosting and crushed peanuts. How did Falls House of Cakes Bakery in Menomonoee Falls make three simple ingredients so good? I don’t know. All I know is it was simply stupendous.


B-52
Menomonee Falls


With signage declaring “Home of the Big Bomber” I felt obligated to get a Plain Bomber. Using 100% Black Angus beef made it a respectable burger with a hint of charred taste. Their custard, in this case Chocolate Covered Peanut, is satisfactory.


Kohlmann’s Kitchen
Menomonoee Falls


Hot Meatloaf Grinder
Meatloaf, provolone, Thousand Island dressing, lettuce, onion and tomato on toasted French bread

I like to find good meatloaf. I like grinders. So I went with this instead of the meatloaf dinner. Good call. Soft meatloaf in the crispy toasted bread binded by the cheese made an enjoyable sandwich.


Décor: Inviting space adorned with memorabilia collectables.
Service: Counter, very nice.

3 ½ out of 5 stars

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm the producer for MKEonline.com, the Web site of the free Milwaukee weekly, MKE. Every week, we run a 'Blog of the Week' poll, putting some of southeastern Wisconsin's better blogs up against each other for our readers to vote on. Your blog is in the running this week. More info and the voting page are at www.mkeonline.com/people/blogcontest.asp. If you have questions, just e-mail me at webmaster@mkeonline.com.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Thank you Beth!

Everyone vote for the foodie!

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home