My Creations- Week of May 28th, 2005

Pineapple and White Chip Drops
Category: Cookie
Rating: Very Good
Crushed pineapple lends a great and distinctive taste. I also learned it goes well with white chocolate. Out of the oven these were excellent; almost burned my mouth but didn’t care.
Sunrise Pancakes with Vanilla Cream Syrup
Category: Pancakes
Rating: Good+
Category; Topping
Rating: Excellent
Light and airy pancakes with a nice taste. Instead of describing the syrup I’ll list the ingredients: cream, light corn syrup, sugar, vanilla and chopped nectarines. Oh yeah.
Gingerbread Cake with Spiced Whipped Cream
Category: Cake
Rating: Good
The brashness of ginger, clover, nutmeg and cinnamon really shone through and was echoed by the cream (not pictured) containing ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon.
Bean-On-Fritos Pie
Category: Entree
Rating: Very Good
Went really high-brow here. Really gourmet. So I was surprised how good this was and how well the barbecue, ground beef, and salty Fritos played off each other.
Nutella Mexican Wedding Cookies
Category: Cookie
Rating: Good
I must admit my bias for soft and moist cookies. So if a dry texture is what you like these would be for you, with a great hazelnut taste covered by gooey powdered sugar.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home