My Creations- Week of July 24th, 2005

Vanilla-Maple French Toast with Warm Berry Preserves
Category: French Toast
Rating: Fair
This didn’t have the predominant title taste as one would expect and the reduction of the berries (blue, rasp and straw) changed them from sweet to borderline bitter.
Bird on a Raft
Category: Sandwich
Rating: Very Good
This stout little sandwich is quite good. The thick mixture in that biscuit contains chicken, peas, milk, onion & chive cream cheese, milk, oregano and garlic powder.
Summer Berry Maple Crisp
Category: Dessert
Rating: Good+
I didn’t think I’d end up with enough ingredients to make this. First eating the berries. Then eating the berries after they were mixed with maple syrup. Then the mixture of butter, flour, brown sugar, maple syrup and macadamia nuts.
Oatmeal Griddle Cakes with Pecan-Maple Syrup
Category: Pancakes
Rating: Good
With a great texture throughout these are pancakes with a more mild taste. That is where the syrup came in!
Orange Pecan Pancakes
Category: Pancakes
Rating: Good+
You don’t need a glass of OJ with these. With their sharp sweet citrus flavor these cakes are certainly not what you’d expect from the usual.
Mexi Can Pie
Category: Entrée
Rating: Fair
If you’re paying attention this embarrassingly easy one is from the cookbook I decided (for whatever reason) to make everything in. Taste like chili with some green chilies in broth. Because it is.
Tuna Pot Pie
Category: Entrée
Rating: Poor
Yep, from that same cookbook. They all can’t be winners. At least I used up the biscuits

1 Comments:
Will you send me the recipe for the bird on a raft sandwich? It looks like something I'd really like to try. There's an email address listed at my about page, on my blog. (I hate the idea of listing my email address here, because spammers will take what they can get.)
Post a Comment
<< Home