Dining Out- Weekend of June 11th, 2005

Bublitz's Foster Street
Saukville
Blueberry Pancake
"The Dining Out section of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel had this to say about our blueberry pancakes: “Dark golden edges and served steaming hot, these blueberry cakes are so good that they don’t even need syrup–they’re among the best I’ve eaten in southeastern Wisconsin.”" reads the menu, so I had to check it out for myself. I respectfully disagree.
Décor: Pleasant series of rooms highlighted with darker pastel colors.
Service: “That’s all?” followed by a sarcastic laugh was the response to my order. Sorry.
3 out of 5 stars
Sheboygan bakeries are known for their hard rolls, but my mission was for sweet treats. At City Bakery it was a Raspberry Cheese Muffin with that creamy surprise in the middle.
“You’re not from around here are you?” was the smiling response after I asked what a Mud Pie was at Johnston’s Bakery. Turns this popular item is a donut-cinnamon roll hybrid with a chocolate glaze.
Charcoal Inn
Sheboygan
Single Bratwurst
“Ketchup, mustard, mayo, pickles, onions, butter. All. Some” “All” These were the condiment options and my selection. Presented with this mess of good eats the seasoned aromatics wafted upwards enticing this holder to move it onwards to the anxious mouth.
Décor: Bustling neighborhood place the focal point here is the charcoal grill behind that great counter.
Service: Hospitality applied to all.
4 out of 5 stars
The Immigrant
Kohler
Crab and Asparagus Gazpacho with Crème Fraiche
A refreshing snap of cold freshness.
Seafood Bento Box
Hawaiian big eye tuna-mango, Jonah crab cucumber, Maine lobster-tobikko roll
These each had their own distinctive surprise. The tropical jolt with the tuna. The fresh and bold tasting cucumber crunch with the crab. The just perceptible spice of the lobster.
Sesame Crusted George’s Bank Sea Scallops
With black trumpet mushrooms, baby parsnips and lobster-vanilla cream
Nice plump seafood. While the sesame did nothing to the taste, its gritty crunch complimented the firmness of the scallops. Oh…and that lobster-vanilla cream….R-I-C-H.
Chocolate Turtle Truffles
I appreciated these complimentary goodies to conclude the meal.

Décor: Dim and regal classic American. Of course the bathrooms featured Kohler fixtures.
Service: Impeccable. From the multi-server team who anticipated every need to the maiter‘d who escorted me back to my table after visiting the restroom.
4 out of 5 stars

1 Comments:
Must have had an extra big paycheck to eat at The Immigrant Room. BTW, Jim and I have eaten there.
Post a Comment
<< Home