Monday, September 12, 2005

My Creations- Week of September 12th, 2005

Or what to do with white bread....


Bread Pudding

Category: Dessert
Rating: Good

A custard flavor with a shy hint of sweetness punctuated by logged bread cubes.

2 cups milk
1 cup dry bread in cubes
1 egg
2 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Scald milk then add bread and soak for ½ hour. Whisk egg, sugar, vanilla and salt until combined. Stir into milk mixture then add butter. Pour into a 1 quart greased casserole or 4 individual dishes. Bake in a water bath at 350 for 45-50 minutes. Serve with cream, sauce or berries if you wish.



Elvis Presley’s Hot Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich

Category: Sandwich
Rating: Good

Out of all publications Gourmet magazine actually had an article about his infamous desire for odd and unhealthy foods, which led to his later year’s physique. You can see I made a half sandwich and ate it over two days to spread out the butter intake. The other recipe in the article was for pound cake.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure I'd fancy the sandwich -- you're a brave soul.

I was intrigued by the pound cake recipe, as I've always been enamored with this historic treat. (Did you know it was one of the first "birthday cakes"?)

I have to agree with the epicurians -- it is most definitely the best I've ever tasted. Excellent recipe.

I baked mine in loaf pans, and toasted a slice as a base for a strawberry sundae. Incredible.

Can't wait to hear about NY.

- Don

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home