Friday, November 18, 2005

Dining Out- Weekend of November 19th, 2005


Seasons Family Restaurant
West Allis


Plain Crepes

Should have gotten something else. So much for being more concerned about small items for less leftovers.


Décor: More stark than the usual family restaurant.
Service: On top of it.

2 ½ out of 5 stars



They’ve yet to disappoint down at the Milwaukee Public Market. Go!



Envoy
Milwaukee- 23rd & Wisconsin


Halibut
Miso glaze, pea tendrils and sweet fried rice

They have wizards in the kitchen at Envoy who successfully removed all taste from these 4 items. To be fair, there was some taste at times, fishy. What a waste of seventeen bucks.


Décor: Rejuvenated art deco.
Service: She wasn’t able to provide menu feedback and I had to ask for her to ask.

1 out of 5 stars



Singha Thai
West Allis


Bah Mee Pet
Duck, been sprouts, peanuts and egg noodles

Seeing this was about 98% noodles makes it hard to judge this. The duck (not surprisingly fatty) got lost as did the few other accrutrements and it all had a buzz of spice to keep the lips burning.


Décor: What you’d expect from a nicer Thai place.
Service: I got suspicious of his English when questions were met with unrelated answers.

3 out of 5 stars

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

I was a little suspicious of Envoy. I questioned putting an "upscale" restaurant in that location at this time. The neighborhood is turning around but I don't think it is ready for that type of dining. From your review it seems that they aren't quite up to par in their cooking either.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

The three times I've been in there it has been almost empty. Tough call if it will catch on at all. Probably only patronized by hotel guests despite local advertising.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home