My Creations- Week of March 12th, 2005

Border-Patrol Casserole
Cateogry: Casserole
Rating: Good+
This was unique in that the ingrediants combined to create a whole new taste; nothing was perceptive of their own tastes. I didn't think the tortillas would be needed, but they added crunch and the submerged ones got nice and soggy.
Country Omelet
Category: Omelet
Rating: Fair
The cottage cheese did go nice and gooey, but I can be faulted for my first time buying fat free cottage cheese, AKA taste free. I thought why have the fat if you don't have to. As in most cases fat=flavor.
Kernel Quesadilla
Category: Quesadilla
Rating: Good
Crunchy disks holding a stringy grilled mixture. Like the casserole, another recent attempt to use up freezer/cupboard ingrediants.
Gingerbread Squares with Honey-Mascarpone Cream
Category: Bakery
Rating: Very Good
Quite gourmet. The squares contain Australia crystallized ginger, Cassia cinnamon, ground ginger, fresh grated lemon peel and cloves. The topping is Crave Brothers mascarpone from V. Richards, honey and fresh lemon juice. These complicated spices merge to a subtle taste in a light, airy texture accented by that sinful creamy topping.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home