Thursday, June 16, 2005

Dining Out- Week of June 13th, 2005


Taqueria Tejupilco
Waukesha


Tostada de Camaron
Tostada topped with shrimp, lettuce, tomato and cilantro

Served cold freshness permeated every bite with added brightness coming from the cilantro and some lime juice.


Décor: Green! Orange!
Service: Little bit of a language barrier.

3 out of 5 stars


With a dozen flavors under my belt this visit to Waukesha’s Divino Gelato Cafe was for sweet Cake Batter Gelato and acidic Orange Gelato. What was really neat is the leftovers melted a little bit into each and tasted like a Dreamsicle.


On the outskirts of downtown Waukesha The Java Connection is a nice place to stop for a beverage or sandwich such as the Rio North Line- turkey, provolone, lettuce, tomato and parmesan peppercorn on multi-grain.


Fujiyama (second visit)
West Allis


Scorpion King Roll
Fried soft shell crab, spicy tuna, cucumber, lettuce

Had everything a good maki roll requires- fresh seafood with an equal representation of creamy, crunchy, spicy and mildness.


Mochi Ice Cream
Red bean ice cream wrapped in rice dough

A nice subtle tasting ice cream; but the emphasis here was the chewy shell around it adding interest and resiliency to each bite. I also tried some excellent Fried Cheesecake- sinful with a golden crunch and warm creaminess.


Décor: This time I ate at one of the hibachi grills watching the performance.
Service: In spite of a good attempt it was erratic and spotty with us having to repeatedly ask for items and even having to ask to order dessert.

4 out of 5 stars

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

I have recently discovered your site. It is great! I am moving to Waukesha from Tosa so I can't wait to try some of these places.

Fujiyama rules. I absolutely love that place.

If you want, check out my new food blog:

http://undelicious.blogspot.com/

10:09 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Hi Rob,

It is on St. Paul south of Main. If you know Waukesha it is where Jalisco's used to be.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home