Wednesday, November 23, 2005

My Creations- Week of November 21st, 2005


Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Bars

Category: Bars
Rating: Fair

1) You can’t win them all. 2) I could not have listed this to avoid a shadow on my creations. 3) Sometimes the ‘healthy’ recipes are worth avoiding. 4) Spongy texture, mild taste if you like that kind of thing. 5) Should have replaced the applesauce with butter. 6) Did get positive feedback.

2 ½ cups oatmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup milk
½ cup eggbeaters (I used two eggs)
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup Splenda (I used granulated sugar)
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease 8” square dish (I use a silicone dish)
Combine wet ingredients.
Combine dry ingredients.
Mix dry in wet and pour into dish.
Bake 40-45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home