Dining Out- Weekend of March 26th, 2005

Chalet Restaurant
Watertown
Lisa’s Sandwich
Grilled cheese with peanut butter and egg.
Steered towards this unique choice and it was good. Afterwards it occurred to me I could have easily duplicated this at home…..
Décor: Love seeing places like this unaltered; in this case the neon sign, long counter with swivel stools, worn counter. However, it seemed everyone was smoking so I couldn’t wait to get out of there.
3 out of 5 stars
People’s Bakery
Madison
Donut or muffin? Donut or muffin? Fifty cents or a buck and a half? Muffin fetish satisfied or risk a bad one? Glad I chose the substantial Apple Cinnamon Muffin.
Trudy’s Café
Madison
French Toast
The nice waitress talked it up and said there was one slice left so I could get a half order. Thought it would be a great chance to try another breakfast fixation, have no leftovers and spend less money. Doesn’t look like much does it? It wasn’t. Good texture/batter application, but mild yet bitter taste. 
Décor: Great longgggg counter backed by semi-open kitchen.
2 out of 5 stars

1 Comments:
The egg was whipped then fried and folded within the sandwich.
Post a Comment
<< Home