Dining Out- Weekend of December 11th, 2005

Q.F. & H Diner
Milwaukee- MLK Jr. Blvd.
Smothered Chicken, Grits and Homemade Biscuits
Now this is the way to start a Sunday! A certain chain has nothing on the spices in this chicken which is made all the better with that gravy. I’m biased for grits and these are some good ones. And those biscuits managed to be flaky and moist and crispy and soft and even had a bit of a metallic tang.

Décor: It was more about these two rooms- one like a diner and one more formal. It was about the sense of neighborhood. I found myself dawdling after eating soaking that up.
Service: Maurice could not have been more chipper, cordial and attentive.
4 out of 5 stars
Cielito Lindo
Milwaukee- Walker’s Point
Birria De Chivo Estilo Jalisco
Goat meat with Jalisco style seasoned sauce, refried beans, rice and tortillas
Borderline tender and a bit gamey meat in a subtly spiced and seasoned sauce made a decent meal wrapped in a tortilla with the other elements.
Décor: Great murals.
Service: Horrible. Would not lay off when examining the menu, then could not get her attention for a check.
3 out of 5 stars
Caffe Deco
Milwaukee- 23rd & Wisconsin
Asian Noodle Salad
Grilled chicken breast, mixed greens, chuka soba noodles, sesame-soy dressing
I was trigger shy on what to order since they are associated with Envoy and I was considering my bad meal their. I figured a salad would be safe since if it was bad at least I was getting greenery. See the mixed greens in the picture? That was it. As a noodle dish it was good. As a salad I was bummed.
Décor and Service: Counter service in a multi-leveled hipster room.
2 out of 5 stars

1 Comments:
What a great site My kind of camping calhoun county alabama board of tax assessors Bill black cadillac escalade Hawaii kihei laser tatoo removal Sportsbook free money Inderal topamax Purse backpacks Buspar ww foto log net negrao86 Back pain and anti-depressants Saunas alpes maritimes x Acu color contact ii lens opaques single vue Domaine de joinville adult toys reviews on baby jogging strollers Belize mission trip nissan td23 Plastic surgeon corpus christi Private domain
Post a Comment
<< Home